Email: click here to contact
- Georgia, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia and U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit, 1978
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit, 1981
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit, 1983
- U.S. Supreme Court and U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 10th Circuit, 1992
- New York University, J.D.
- Harvard University, A.B.
- Princeton University, M.P.A.
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest recognition possible in the legal industry for professionalism and ethics.
Associations and memberships
- Atlanta Bar Association (Chairman, Criminal Law Section, 1989-1990; Member, Board of Directors, Criminal Law Section, 1985-1988; Co-Chair, State Practice Committee of the Appellate Practice Section, 2000-2001)
- State Bar of Georgia (Member, Criminal Law Section)
- Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (Vice-President; Member, Board of Directors, 2001-2004; Member, Legislative Committee)
- Georgia Innocence Project (Founding Member and Member of Case Selection Committee)
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta
Recipient, Rotary International Fellowship; Root-Tilden Fellow, NYU Law School; Law Clerk to the Honorable Phyllis A, Kravitch, U.S. Circuit Judge, 11th Circuit Court of Appeals, 1979-1980. Assistant U.S. Attorney, Northern District of Georgia, 1980-1982. Faculty, National Institute of Trial Advocacy, Emory University Law School, 1983-2004; President, Harvard Club of Georgia, 2008; Member, Civil Rights Committee of the Georgia Anti-Defamation League. Recognized as a Super Lawyer in Georgia Super Lawyer Magazine, one of the Top Lawyers in Georgia by Atlanta Magazine, and named a Legal Elite Lawyer by Georgia Trend Magazine.
Jake Arbes serves clients in Atlanta and throughout Georgia and the United States.